D
Posted By
DotCom
Mar 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a lot of problems with PSE4 but first let me ask about the most important one at the moment.
I have spent hours and hours on a slide show that was easy and intuitive enough for a beginner like me so I was very happy with it until I went to burn my creation. On my desktop computer I have a DVD-rom (not burner) and a cdrw. After I finished and saved my slide show I right click on it and choose "Burn a Video CD"
I choose NTSC, drive speed "Auto" and then "OK". It asks me to insert a blank CD-r which I do and then it starts writing the files. A window says "writing WMV files" It does not give me any other choice. I know that format can play on a computer but is that the correct format for home DVD players? In any event, the writing process continues and when it’s done the cdrw drawer opens. I close the drawer to start what I believe is the autoplay disc and nothing happens. So I open MY Computer and right click on the drive and click Auto Play. Again, nothing happens. I view what is on the disc in windows explorer and there are 6 folders with the following names:
CDI, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, EXT, OPENDVD and VCD.
That is all! I have burned 6 coaster now!!!
What I have tried:
Downloaded latest firmware for the CDRW
burned a VCD in an older version of Roxio Easy Creator. worked fine Downloaded a trial version of ProShow Gold and burned a VCD from that. worked fine.
So the only thing I can conclude is that it’s the software that is bad or I’m doing the above process wrong.
Any advice? I’m am getting ready to tear my hair out!
I have windows xp pro, 120 HD with 80 gigs free, 2.53 GHz and 1 gig ram. I have no other programs running.
Please help. I would really like to keep this program and not have to invest in ProShow Gold at yet another cost even though it did do the job! dot

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
DotCom
Mar 28, 2006
Note:
I also made a WMV file and opened it in Windows Media player to see if it ran well in that program and it worked fine although the quality wasn’t as good. So there are no corrupt files in my creation that would cause a problem.
dot

"DotCom" wrote in message
I am having a lot of problems with PSE4 but first let me ask about the most important one at the moment.
I have spent hours and hours on a slide show that was easy and intuitive enough for a beginner like me so I was very happy with it until I went to burn my creation. On my desktop computer I have a DVD-rom (not burner) and a cdrw. After I finished and saved my slide show I right click on it and choose "Burn a Video CD"
I choose NTSC, drive speed "Auto" and then "OK". It asks me to insert a blank CD-r which I do and then it starts writing the files. A window says "writing WMV files" It does not give me any other choice. I know that format can play on a computer but is that the correct format for home DVD players? In any event, the writing process continues and when it’s done the cdrw drawer opens. I close the drawer to start what I believe is the autoplay disc and nothing happens. So I open MY Computer and right click on the drive and click Auto Play. Again, nothing happens. I view what is on the disc in windows explorer and there are 6 folders with the following names:
CDI, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, EXT, OPENDVD and VCD.
That is all! I have burned 6 coaster now!!!
What I have tried:
Downloaded latest firmware for the CDRW
burned a VCD in an older version of Roxio Easy Creator. worked fine Downloaded a trial version of ProShow Gold and burned a VCD from that. worked fine.
So the only thing I can conclude is that it’s the software that is bad or I’m doing the above process wrong.
Any advice? I’m am getting ready to tear my hair out!
I have windows xp pro, 120 HD with 80 gigs free, 2.53 GHz and 1 gig ram. I have no other programs running.
Please help. I would really like to keep this program and not have to invest in ProShow Gold at yet another cost even though it did do the job! dot

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections