JF
Posted By
Jules Freedman User
Mar 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 on an iMac with OS 10.4.5. Every once in a while, when I open Elements, a box comes up telling me that something is being updated and no personal information is being transmitted. And it always freezes the computer, forcing me to retry opening the application several times or restarting. Is this a common problem with this application or with Adobe software in general?
Thanks for any info.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WM
William Manley
Jul 20, 2006
Jules Freedman User wrote:
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 on an iMac with OS 10.4.5. Every once in a while, when I open Elements, a box comes up telling me that something is being updated and no personal information is being transmitted. And it always freezes the computer, forcing me to retry opening the application several times or restarting. Is this a common problem with this application or with Adobe software in general?
Thanks for any info.
I’m using the same setup. But I cannot get Elements to load. It is looking for a file at Adobe and crashes because they no longer support 2 and the sought file AWEXfiles.txt cannot be found. A recent phone support asid that the solution is in adobe.com document 328333. But that has been updated 5/25/06 and it also is not available on their web site.

Quite a runarrount!

Comments please
P
Plaincity
Jul 20, 2006
"William Manley" wrote in message
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 on an iMac with OS 10.4.5. Every once in a
while, when I open Elements, a box comes up telling me that something is being updated and no personal information is being transmitted. And it always freezes the computer, forcing me to retry opening the application several times or restarting. Is this a common problem with this application
or with Adobe software in general?
Thanks for any info.
I’m using the same setup. But I cannot get Elements to load. It is looking for a file at Adobe and crashes because they no longer support 2 and the sought file AWEXfiles.txt cannot be found. A recent phone support asid that the solution is in adobe.com document 328333. But that has been updated 5/25/06 and it also is not available on their web site.
If you get a dialog box that allows you to cancel, when it starts to add update files, cancel as quickly as you can. Sometimes that works.
PD
postman delivers
Aug 16, 2006
"Plaincity" wrote in message
"William Manley" wrote in message
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 on an iMac with OS 10.4.5. Every once in a
while, when I open Elements, a box comes up telling me that something is being updated and no personal information is being transmitted. And it always freezes the computer, forcing me to retry opening the application several times or restarting. Is this a common problem with this application
or with Adobe software in general?
Thanks for any info.
If you get a dialog box that allows you to cancel, when it starts to add update files, cancel as quickly as you can. Sometimes that works.
William,

In the windows version –

Edit > Preferences > Adobe On-line > and make certain "never" is in the check for updates box…

That will stop the software always trying to access the web…

JR the postman

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections