Bundled version of Elements 3: different?

B
Posted By
brwehrung
Mar 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My newest version of Elements is 2. I planned to buy 3 but never found a sale price quite good enough. Now there’s 4, and a certain amount of rumbling about this or that quirk.

I notice that Elements 3 comes bundled with the Wacom Graphire 4. While I’m not in the market to replace my Graphire 3, when I buy a new computer next year (anticipating that Microsoft will actually release Vista on schedule and it will be de-bugged by about a year from now) I’ll keep my current peripherals together and acquire a Graphire 4 for the new one.

Is the version of Elements 3 that’s bundled complete? I don’t see an SE anywhere on the page that says its crippled.

An allied issue (for Graphire 4 owneres) is that I might buy the tablet before the computer, since Wacom always has a 20-25% off sale around Christmas. Will I be permitted to install Elements 3 on my present (XP) computer now and again under Vista a few months later, or does Adobe have some sort of limited authorization for how many computers? Elements 2 started on my Windows ’98 computer (my current backup) and is now also installed under XP (again), without a problem, but that was a boxed version.

Thanks

Brendan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AB
Andrew Bealing
Mar 16, 2006
I have installed PE3 on several PCs without problem and would recommend it for the browser application to catalogue my photos. v3 also permits some additional functionality via downloads such as curves which has been closed off in v4: See this page-

http://graphicssoft.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ &sdn=graphicssoft&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.earthboundligh t.com%2Fphototips%2Fphotoshop-elements-curves.htmlI have just bought a Graphire 4 (in UK) without PE3 bundled as the bundledversion is more expensive and I had it anyway so check out the prices withand without it included.Andrew My newest version of Elements is 2. I planned to buy 3 but never found> a sale price quite good enough. Now there’s 4, and a certain amount of> rumbling about this or that quirk.>> I notice that Elements 3 comes bundled with the Wacom Graphire 4.> While I’m not in the market to replace my Graphire 3, when I buy a new> computer next year (anticipating that Microsoft will actually release> Vista on schedule and it will be de-bugged by about a year from now)> I’ll keep my current peripherals together and acquire a Graphire 4 for> the new one.>> Is the version of Elements 3 that’s bundled complete? I don’t see an> SE anywhere on the page that says its crippled.>> An allied issue (for Graphire 4 owneres) is that I might buy the tablet> before the computer, since Wacom always has a 20-25% off sale around> Christmas. Will I be permitted to install Elements 3 on my present> (XP) computer now and again under Vista a few months later, or does> Adobe have some sort of limited authorization for how many computers?> Elements 2 started on my Windows ’98 computer (my current backup) and> is now also installed under XP (again), without a problem, but that was> a boxed version.>> Thanks>> Brendan>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections