Can you suggest: Quick-Fix ‘Brushes’ for news photos?

T
Posted By
TerryKing
Oct 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ni Hao Shoppers,

I am from Vermont, USA now living in Shekou, China, near Hong Kong. I am doing some photojournalism for newspapers in this area. Examples: http://www.terryking.us/photoalbum/main.php?g2_itemId=3902

The first frame there is an example of where I could use some help. I would like to be able to selectively enhance contrast and saturation in the more distant parts of the photo. Now, I WISH you could magically fix the air pollution in China, although to be fair, a lot is high-humidity atmospheric haze here in the tropics.

I can do this by carefully selecting elements of photos, and using shadows-highlights, contrast, color balance etc. But I found myself with the combination of Chinese Traffic, Chinese Taxis, 275 new images in the camera, and a real close deadline for a morning paper, coming from an event which ended at 5:30PM…

I love it when I can spend hours on an image I like, but I sure was wishing for some FM brushes the other night!

Any suggestions or pointers appreciated. Even commiseration 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections