Square to rectangular pixels for video – how do you do this in Photoshop?

A
Posted By
AK
Apr 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am making some television graphics and they keep coming out elongated because video uses 1 x .9 (rectangular) pixels and not 1 x 1 (square) pixels.

How do you deal with this??

Thanks,
Andy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
Don
Apr 23, 2004
Image>Image size, then uncheck "constrain proportions" and check "resample image", the change either the width or height.

"AK" wrote in message
I am making some television graphics and they keep coming out elongated because video uses 1 x .9 (rectangular) pixels and not 1 x 1 (square) pixels.

Thanks,
Andy

B
bhilton665
Apr 23, 2004

Image>Image size, then uncheck "constrain proportions" and check "resample image", the change either the width or height.

This has *nothing* to do with the aspect ratio of the individual pixels, only for entire files.

"AK" wrote

It’s covered on pg 321+ in the "User Guide", or in CS go to Help and do a search on ‘Video’ … the first hit, "Saving Images for Use in Video" should give you the info you need.

Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections