Posted By
Anna Klain
Dec 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I am trying to create a christmas card on my own and have scanned a Christmas postcard and saved it as a jpeg. picture in Photoshop Elements
Then I have been trying for hours (!!) to insert a first speech bubble (first as I have planned to create four speech bubbles for the four Santa Claus) – no problem so far – and then insert text into the speech bubble.

Here is when trouble starts: Each time I click in the picture to add text the speech bubble is gone!
I have no idea what to do now. Can someone please help?? I would so much like to mail my own Christmas card to friends and family…

Anna Klain

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
PcB
Dec 24, 2005
<<I am trying to create a christmas card on my own and have scanned a Christmas postcard and saved it as a jpeg. picture in Photoshop Elements
Then I have been trying for hours (!!) to insert a first speech bubble (first as I have planned to create four speech bubbles for the four Santa Claus) – no problem so far – and then insert text into the speech bubble.

Here is when trouble starts: Each time I click in the picture to add text the speech bubble is gone!
I have no idea what to do now. Can someone please help?? I would so much like to mail my own Christmas card to friends and family…

Anna Klain

I’m no expert but are you using layers for this? Create a new layer for the bubble and one for the text, you must then use the layers pallette to arrange the layers in the correct order (background at the bottom of the stack, bubble in the middle and then the text layer). Doing things this way means that you don’t work on the original (always good practice) and you can easily change the text by adding & hiding additional text layers. You then don’t need lots of files for your cards, just one file with lots of layers.

Hope this helps and hope you get it in time.

Have a happy Christmas,
Paul

Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //
Gallery at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/NewGallery2.htm
AK
Anna Klain
Dec 24, 2005
Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for your answer – I will try this right away! Maybe I can still mail Christmas cards and needn’t wait till Easter to then mail…Easter cards.

Anna, Berlin

"PcB" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<<I am trying to create a christmas card on my own and have scanned a Christmas postcard and saved it as a jpeg. picture in Photoshop Elements
Anna Klain

I’m no expert but are you using layers for this? Create a new layer for the bubble and one for the text, you must then use the layers pallette to arrange the layers in the correct order (background at the bottom of the stack, bubble in the middle and then the text layer). Doing things this way means that you don’t work on the original (always good practice) and you can easily change the text by adding & hiding additional text layers. You then don’t need lots of files for your cards, just one file with lots of layers.

Hope this helps and hope you get it in time.

Have a happy Christmas,
Paul

Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //
Gallery at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/NewGallery2.htm

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections