W
Posted By
WBuik
Oct 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This problem actually began while I was using photoshop CS2, and upgrading to CS3 has not repaired it.

One day my photoshop CS2 just stoped displaying the red channel correctly. Reds apeare to be muted.

After upgrading to CS3, and deleting all preferences of CS2 and even cleaning out the Windows registry, the problem still remains.

In CS3 however, the color shift goes away when I drag the image outside of Photoshop’s main window.

I have an screenshot demonstrating this, <http://www.miats.com/tmp/PhotoshopIssue.jpg>

Photoshop states that both of the large images are solid R:255 G:0 B:0. However, when print screening the images and putting them back into Photoshop, it shows that the one on the left is actually R:201 G:88 B:34.

The same thing happens for green and blue as well, though the difference is less dramatic.

This problem just happened one day, I don’t remember changing any settings and my laptop (Win XP, CS2) does not have this problem.

My computer is running VISTA 32bit with 3GB of ram. The graphics card is a NVIDIA 6800.

Does anyone know what could be causing this. I have played around with color profiles, but that has not corrected the problem.

Thanks for any help,
WBuik

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 18, 2007
I have played around with color profiles

Hmm. Not really something to "play around with".

What form of colour management are you using? If you relied on Adobe Gamma to profile your monitor whilst using CS2, you will realise that it is no longer supplied with CS3. this is largely because it was not really suitable for calibrating LCD screen which are being used by more and more people as CRTs become phased out.

You are better off using one of the many hardware/software solutions available, such as the Spyder or the inexpensive Pantone Huey.

Spend a little time learing about CM by visitong <http://www.computer-darkroom.com>
W
WBuik
Oct 18, 2007
By played arround with, I just meant that I switched through each avilible options. I was affraid that I had accidently changed the profile somehow.

I don’t think this is a change between CS2 and 3 because I was having the same problem with CS2 as well.

What I don’t understand however, is why the immage appears as it should when it is dragged out of photoshop CS3’s main window.

If I have accidentially changed something with my color profies is there a way to reset all of it?
W
WBuik
Oct 19, 2007
I mannaged to fix the problem, after color profiling both of my monitors with the old Adobe Gamma, just to test it, I noticed that the problem reversed itself. Thanks chrisjbirchall, the article pointed me towards the windows color management settings, where after I disabled color management on my primary monitor all of the problems went away. Strangely, applying profiles to the secondary monitor causes no problems. Perhaps it is an issue with Vista (I am still not sure how a color profile got applied in the first place).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections