Can Elements 4 make a pictorial directory?

P
Posted By
pandj
Dec 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to make a pictorial directory using photos of several people. I would like each page to have either 12 or 16 photos. Can Elements version 4 do this? I just installed this software and have begun to play with it, but it doesn’t appear to be able to put more than 4 pictures on a page. Is this correct? and if so, any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TN
Tesco News
Dec 9, 2005
wrote in message
I need to make a pictorial directory using photos of several people. I would like each page to have either 12 or 16 photos. Can Elements version 4 do this? I just installed this software and have begun to play with it, but it doesn’t appear to be able to put more than 4 pictures on a page. Is this correct? and if so, any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this?

Hi.

I don’t have 4, but I can not imagine that it is less well equipped than 2.

Have you looked at File > Automate > Contact Sheet. You should be able to set this up for almost any number of pics you want.

Roy G
JM
Joseph Meehan
Dec 9, 2005
wrote:

Check the help file for contact sheet.

Contact sheets let you easily preview groups of images by displaying a series of thumbnail images on a single page.
Sample contact sheet
Do one of the following:
In the Photo Browser, select one or more photos and choose File > Print. If you don’t select photos, Photoshop Elements asks whether you want to use all photos in the Photo Browser.
Open a photo in Standard Edit or Quick Fix, and choose File > Print Multiple Photos.
In Date View, select a photo and choose File > Print. In the Print dialog box, choose a printer from the Select Printer menu. If necessary, click the Show Printer Preferences button to set your printer options. You can also click the Page Setup button to specify page printing options.
Note: If you choose a printer that supports PIC or Extended DDI, the Print Selected Photos (Print Photos) dialog box lets you choose the media type and paper size, and select the borderless option. Let the contact sheet layout determine the image orientation. The PIC library must be installed on your computer for the PIC options to show. Check your printer’s documentation or the printer manufacturer’s website.
If your image file contains printer-supported PRINT Image Matching (PIM) or Exif Print data, select PRINT Image Matching (PIM), or select Exif Print. (See About PRINT Image Matching (PIM) and Exif Print.)
Choose Contact Sheet from the Select Type Of Print menu. The preview layout automatically uses all photos listed on the left side of the Print Photos or Print Selected Photos dialog box.
To add photos to the contact sheet, see To add photos in the Print Selected Photos dialog box.).
To remove a photo, select its thumbnail and click the Remove button . For Columns, specify the number of columns (between one and nine) in the layout. The thumbnail size and number of rows adjust according to your choice. If the number of photos listed in the Print Photos dialog box exceeds the capacity of a single page, more pages are added to accommodate them.
If necessary, use the Navigation buttons below the layout preview to move through the pages.
To add text labels below each thumbnail, select any of the following: Date Prints the date embedded in the image.
Caption Prints the caption text embedded in the file’s metadata. Filename Prints the image file name.
Page Numbers Prints page numbers at the bottom of each page, if multiple contact sheets are printed.
Note: Words in the text label can be truncated depending on the page setup and layout.
To print using color management, click More Options and choose a profile from the Print Space menu.
Click Print.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections