P
Posted By
Peter
Nov 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone please explain how I can add a format for a new picture package in Elements v4. I need 4 prints on A4 paper.
Peter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
Jack Mac
Nov 28, 2005
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:55:42 +0000, Peter wrote:

Can anyone please explain how I can add a format for a new picture package in Elements v4. I need 4 prints on A4 paper.
Peter

I use Qimage for all my photo printing so I can’t help with Elements. Jack Mac
DF
Dan Fuller
Dec 7, 2005
"Peter" wrote in message
Peter

Adobe actually includes instructions for this in each version of Elements. In 4.0 you will find it in Adobe\shared_assets\layouts\readme.txt. Or here by the magic of copy and paste:

; This is the documentation for the Picture Packager layout files.

; Each layout file details the page size and image drop locations for one resulting document.

; The layout files can contain comments.
; A comment is any line that starts with a semi-colon ‘;’. ; The semi-colon must be the first character on the line. ; Blank lines are also allowed, and are ignored.

; There are 3 types of information that must be present in each layout file: ; 1) the units and page size
; 2) the description text that is displayed in the dialog ; 3) the layout specs

; As an example to work from, look at the file ‘FiveBySevens.txt’. The contents are here also:

; I 8 10
; (2)5×7
; 0.5 0 7 5
; 0.5 5 7 5

; 1) the units and page size ‘I 8 10’
; The 3 three fields on line 1 are: units, width and height ; You can enter inches, pixels or centimeters. All the numbers in a single file must be the same units.
; For inches, use i or I.
; For pixels, use p or P.
; For centimeters, use c or C.

; 2) the description text that is displayed in the dialog ‘(2) 5 x 7’ ; The 1 field on line 2 is the text description shown in the Layout: menu choice on the dialog.
; This can be any text you want, up to 75 characters long.

; 3) the layout specs ‘0.5 0 7 5’ and ‘0.5 5 7 5’
; Each line is one drop location for the image. You can have up to 50 drop locations per page.
; The 4 fields are x position, y position, width, and height. ; Remember, the units must match what you used for the page size in line 1.

; So, in summary, the example tells the plugin that all the numbers are entered in inches,
; the resulting document is to be 8 inches wide, 10 inches high, and will have 2 images on it.
; The first image will be located at 1/2 inch from the left edge, and at the very top of the document,
; and will be 7 inches wide, 5 inches high. The second image will be located 1/2 inch from the left edge
; 5 inces from the top edge, and will be 7 inches wide, 5 inches high.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections