N
Posted By
nar12755
Nov 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a copy of PSE 4 and am having a problem with the updater. I always and I mean always) get the same error when I start PSE. (I’ve got the updater to run automatically every time I start PSE.).

The error message is a Windows box that has AdobeUpdater.exe in the title bar and only an OK button. The message is:

The instruction of "0x07c80d189" reference memory at "0x78ace5ef". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.

The PC is a Compaq PresarioS6900NX, an AMD Athlon 64 based Windows XP Home machine.

I am pretty much convinced the physical memory isn’t the problem. I’ve done this to confirm:
1. Ran MemCheck-86 for 20 cycles – no errors reported by MemCheck-86
2. Swapped Bank 1 for Bank 0 memory – same error message – same
addresses
3. Removed Bank 1 memory – same error message – same addresses
4. Swapped Bank 0 for Bank 1 – same error message – same addresses
(Basically tried each stick by themselves and swapped the two locations)

I don’t get any other error messages in any other program.

I’ve done a repair on the installation, same error message, same locations reported.

So, does anyone have a suggestion? Or a lead on how I can contact Adobe directly? Is there a problem with Athlon 64 processors?

Thanks!
Norman

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Jack Mac
Nov 27, 2005
On 25 Nov 2005 17:58:18 -0800, "" wrote:

I bought a copy of PSE 4 and am having a problem with the updater. I always and I mean always) get the same error when I start PSE. (I’ve got the updater to run automatically every time I start PSE.).
The error message is a Windows box that has AdobeUpdater.exe in the title bar and only an OK button. The message is:

The instruction of "0x07c80d189" reference memory at "0x78ace5ef". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.
The PC is a Compaq PresarioS6900NX, an AMD Athlon 64 based Windows XP Home machine.

I am pretty much convinced the physical memory isn’t the problem. I’ve done this to confirm:
1. Ran MemCheck-86 for 20 cycles – no errors reported by MemCheck-86
2. Swapped Bank 1 for Bank 0 memory – same error message – same
addresses
3. Removed Bank 1 memory – same error message – same addresses
4. Swapped Bank 0 for Bank 1 – same error message – same addresses
(Basically tried each stick by themselves and swapped the two locations)

I don’t get any other error messages in any other program.
I’ve done a repair on the installation, same error message, same locations reported.

So, does anyone have a suggestion? Or a lead on how I can contact Adobe directly? Is there a problem with Athlon 64 processors?

Thanks!
Norman

You didn’t say how much RAM you have. 512MB is recommended. Jack Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections