P
Posted By
Pokey
Nov 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to get a large file down to about 2 x 3 inches. When I do the image does not hold sharpness.

Is there a way to keep the photo detail and still make it small without having to scale down the pixels on the camera?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SB
Sandy Birrell
Nov 19, 2005
Pokey wrote:
I am trying to get a large file down to about 2 x 3 inches. When I do the image does not hold sharpness.

Is there a way to keep the photo detail and still make it small without having to scale down the pixels on the camera?

You could try the method on this site. Put the finished size you want and then "down sample" to get it there. It takes a while but the results are good.

http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/imagedatabases/downsampl ing.html

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

E-Mail:-
Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019
N
neon
Nov 19, 2005
Pokey wrote:

you didn’t state the size of the original? you also didn’t state the image format (jpg,tif,etc) if it’s a jpg convert it to a loseless format (psd,tif) before resizing. never do any kind of editing or resizing on a jpg (it’s a lossy format). if it’s a scan, rescan at the appropiate size. any time you resample (either up or down) you’ll lose some detail. usually worse when upsampling (enlarging). downsample in 10% increments.
P
Pokey
Nov 19, 2005
"neon" wrote in message
Pokey wrote:

I am trying to get a large file down to about 2 x 3 inches. When I do
the
image does not hold sharpness.

you didn’t state the size of the original? you also didn’t state the image format (jpg,tif,etc) if it’s a jpg convert it to a loseless format (psd,tif) before resizing. never do any kind of editing or resizing on a jpg (it’s a lossy format). if it’s a scan, rescan at the appropiate size. any time you resample (either up or down) you’ll lose some detail. usually worse when upsampling (enlarging). downsample in 10% increments.

Thank you both.

To my surprise a few hours after making this post I found in the help menu a wizard that does it all for me. It worked perfect. I will write down your advice and study them as well. Thanks again.

I bought the program just to do a few simple things. I am going to make photo buttons hence the reduction but also will offer large 11 x 17’s and bigger if I can get myself to spring for the large format Epson printer but it cost three thousand dollars. I am also going to do t-shirt transfers and will start learning that today. One of the main reasons I wanted the Adobe software was to drop out the background using a blue screen and for it ability to color match with printers.

Last night I made my first buttons and they are totally awesome. I took them to my friends house whos grandson I used as a model and they loved them, and they are a hard couple to please.

I am surprised at what the program can do and have not scratched the surface, however it is going to be a nightmear to learn.

Thanks again Sandy and neon…cya

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections