MM
Posted By
Mack McKinnon
Nov 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Elements 2.0 and the other day bought and installed Elements 4.0. They are now both on my computer and I can use either, although I cannot seem to start the two versions at the same time.

I have two monitors. Main is a Sony 19" LCD, secondary is a Philips 17" LCD.

With Elements 2.0, photos brought up in the editor look fine on my main monitor, a little darker but almost the same on the secondary monitor. Also, a photo looks almost exactly the same in the 2.0 Editor as it does using Windows Picture and Fax viewer, on either monitor. And they all look very close to the photo as printed out with my photoprinter.

But with Elements 4.0, when I open a photo in the Editor, on either monitor, the color is terribly washed out — MUCH less color than with 2.0 or using the Windows Viewer. Not only washed out but it is tinted toward the green, so that the overall color is yellowish. Much lighter and yellowish.

I have looked at the same photo using first Elements 4.0, then Elements 2.0, then the Windows Viewer, then 4.0 and the viewer at the same time. Also tried it with different photos, so I know this is a problem, specifically, with 4.0 on my computer.

I can’t find any adjustments in 4.0 that would either account for this difference / problem or fix it.

Suggestions?

gary
austin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mack McKinnon
Nov 13, 2005
Got the answer to this question from someone in an Adobe forum. In edit>color settings, it was set to "Let Me Choose" and needed to be changed to "No Color Management". Making that change fixed the problem.

mack
austin

"Mack McKinnon" wrote in
I have been using Elements 2.0 and the other day bought and installed Elements 4.0. They are now both on my computer and I can use either, although I cannot seem to start the two versions at the same time.
I have two monitors. Main is a Sony 19" LCD, secondary is a Philips 17" LCD.

With Elements 2.0, photos brought up in the editor look fine on my main monitor, a little darker but almost the same on the secondary monitor. Also, a photo looks almost exactly the same in the 2.0 Editor as it does using Windows Picture and Fax viewer, on either monitor. And they all look very close to the photo as printed out with my photoprinter.
But with Elements 4.0, when I open a photo in the Editor, on either monitor, the color is terribly washed out — MUCH less color than with 2.0 or using the Windows Viewer. Not only washed out but it is tinted toward the green, so that the overall color is yellowish. Much lighter and yellowish.

I have looked at the same photo using first Elements 4.0, then Elements
2.0, then the Windows Viewer, then 4.0 and the viewer at the same time.
Also tried it with different photos, so I know this is a problem, specifically, with 4.0 on my computer.

I can’t find any adjustments in 4.0 that would either account for this difference / problem or fix it.

Suggestions?

gary
austin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections