C
Posted By
cr8tivguy
Nov 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s my recent experience with Element K Journals. I would love to hear from others who may be experiencing the same problems. I just submitted this to their feedback section on their web site. I AM STEAMING MAD!

First, I want to let you know that your aggressive, misleading direct mail campaigns have spoiled any chance of me ever using your publications again. I received on the average 10 soliciations a week from you AFTER I had re-subscribed for 2006. This went on for several weeks. I was receiving invoices for renewals; past-due renewals AND "Last chance to Sign Up for 2005 rates" communications. I called on August 8 (I believe this was the date)to cancel my 2006 subscription and to be removed from your mailing list. I explained that I was turned off by the amount of advertising I received. The customer service rep said he would take care of this for me.

Then on October 31, I got a call from a collection person! I explained what had happened earlier and he explained I needed to fill out an Account Research Form which he faxed to me. I filled it out and sent it back at 9:27 am on 10/31.

Today, I received a call from a lady who said I had a past due account and asked what credit card I was going to use to pay for it. I explained my situation and the history of what had happened and she informed me that I needed to cancel the subscription within 30 days in order to not be held accountable for the bill. I told her she needed to do more research and that I wasn’t going to pay the bill.

Is this the type of business you are running these days? I am terribly upset about how this whole business interaction has taken place and am strongly wondering about your company’s ethical practices. This is THE WORST MARKETING SCAM I’VE EVER SEEN!

I sit on several advertising, marketing and design associations and plan on sharing my experience with EVERYONE who will listen.

I am disgusted with this type of guerrilla salesmenship and direct marketing. In fact, I have half a notion to report you to the Direct Marketing Association.

I would be happy to discuss this with anyone who can resolve this situation. I will not talk to another collection telemarketer, or their supervisor. I will also not entertain any more conversations with customer support people.
Sincerly,

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections