Where do you get your music for slide shows?

AG
Posted By
AKA gray asphalt
Oct 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got one song that really works but I’ve looked up
‘elevator music’ and ‘soundscapes’ on the web and my
cable tv, but nothing but the one song which I don’t know where it came from, works that well…

Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AG
AKA gray asphalt
Oct 30, 2005
Should I be asking somewhere else? Any suggestions?

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
cable tv, but nothing but the one song which I don’t know where it came from, works that well…

Any ideas?

OW
Old Walrus
Oct 31, 2005
AKA gray asphalt wrote:

Any ideas?

adobe.photoshop.elements

Try doing a Google search on "production music" or "royalty-free music".
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Nov 1, 2005
Thanks. I’ve done that though. It’s just that I can’t find anything that really works, so far. Except for the one I mentioned which I should put up on my website and "All you need is love" by the Beatles …

There’s something special about the delay between photos, the pace It think … the music needs to be kind of upbeat and with not too much variation that would emphasize the switch in tempo or motive in the middle of a slide …

That’s what’s occurring to me, annyway. Do you use music? Maybe I’m just too picky.

"Old Walrus" wrote in message
AKA gray asphalt wrote:

Any ideas?

adobe.photoshop.elements

Try doing a Google search on "production music" or "royalty-free music".
OW
Old Walrus
Nov 1, 2005
There are companies that turn this stuff out by the hour. You are looking
for "production music" – at least it sounds like you are. It is especially written for low-budget television programs, documentaries – and slide shows. It’s written so producers can add an announcer voice track, sound effects, or people talking over the music and the music won’t be distracting. There is no big guitar solo or something that people will listen to instead of what the producer wants them to listen to. It comes in every imaginable tempo and key, so that one piece can be editied up to another piece seamlessly. You could purchase several of these on CD and then pick and choose. The music is rarely of top qiality. It’s not supposed to be. And by the way, using the Beatles in your program is officially a no-no, a copyright infringement. But as long as you are not charging admission or showing your slideshow to auditoriums full of people you are probably okay.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections