Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to do some family history stuff and
it just dawned on me that even though I have a degree
and work as a graphic designer/ video editor, I have
only one recording of my parents voice. My mother
passed away this summer and my dad has been gone
for a coupld of years …

I urge you to record your family and not just the elderly ones. You will never hear your children cry like they do at birth or laugh like they do before they get to school age … your grandchildren are never going to be as cute and funny as they are now …

And there will probably be plenty of pictures but you might, like me, miss the sound of their voice.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Joseph Meehan
Oct 26, 2005
AKA gray asphalt wrote:
I’ve been trying to do some family history stuff and
it just dawned on me that even though I have a degree
and work as a graphic designer/ video editor, I have
only one recording of my parents voice. My mother
passed away this summer and my dad has been gone
for a coupld of years …

I urge you to record your family and not just the elderly ones. You will never hear your children cry like they do at birth or laugh like they do before they get to school age … your grandchildren are never going to be as cute and funny as they are now …

And there will probably be plenty of pictures but you might, like me, miss the sound of their voice.

I sadly agree.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
DM
digital_mayhem
Oct 26, 2005
Not a bad idea. Would sure be a nice touch to making a slide show of pictures with audio.
LD
Lydia Dustbin
Oct 26, 2005
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news:MaL7f.159108

I sadly agree.

Yes, and not just family, either. I deeply regret remembering sitting listening to an old guy in Lincolnshire telling me all about ‘when I were a lad,’ and me promising to bring recorder next time I visited. I forgot. He was glum, and had been looking forward to talking non-stop to a ‘captive’ audience. His own family been driven mad by his memories, years ago.

Next time I visited, he had died.
That was about thirty years back and he was about 95 or so. Sigh.

LDb
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Oct 26, 2005
wrote in message
Not a bad idea. Would sure be a nice touch to making a slide show of pictures with audio.

Yes, a slide show. That’s what I’m doing now. We will have greater technology in the future but never be able to go back and get recordings that we don’t have.

And make recording of your self for future generations. It’s hard and I haven’t done it myself but I think the best thing (that I can think of) is to remember pleasant things and let the people you love know that and that they were loved … by you. And that you want the best for them . Sometimes, even though it is hard to believe for us who are parents and grandparents, our kids don’t realize that though we had to do discipline and other things that they didn’t understand, that we always want the best for them …
JM
Joseph Meehan
Oct 26, 2005
Lydia Dustbin wrote:

Yes, and not just family, either. I deeply regret remembering sitting listening to an old guy in Lincolnshire telling me all about ‘when I were a lad,’ and me promising to bring recorder next time I visited. I forgot. He was glum, and had been looking forward to talking non-stop to a
‘captive’ audience. His own family been driven mad by his memories, years ago.
Next time I visited, he had died.
That was about thirty years back and he was about 95 or so. Sigh.
LDb

I remember being at a meeting and a speaker came up. I was not paying much attention, but suddenly I paid really cost attention. That voice was on I had not heard for over 30 years. It was the voice of my father. Well not really he had died thirty years earlier, bit I know it at once. The fun part was that he had an Irish accent. Growing up I never noticed it.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections