Posted By
hezahonker
Oct 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have been hunting in the help and recipes but seem to be missing something.

I am trying to create some 32x32pixel icons. I have an image that I have moved onto a transparent layer. However, when I save it the transparency turns to white. How can I avoid this and retain the transparent background?

Thanks in advance,

Shezageek

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

H
hezahonker
Oct 4, 2005
Anyone? Let me be more specific- have a image, place it on a transparent background. Save it and it gets flattened to white background. Can I prevent that so the background is transparent as one can in a .png?

"hezahonker" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to create some 32x32pixel icons. I have an image that I have moved onto a transparent layer. However, when I save it the transparency turns to white. How can I avoid this and retain the transparent background?

Thanks in advance,

Shezageek
JB
Jay Beckman
Oct 4, 2005
Anyone? Let me be more specific- have a image, place it on a transparent background. Save it and it gets flattened to white background. Can I prevent that so the background is transparent as one can in a .png?

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Shezageek

Shezageek (cute name btw…),

Just thinking out loud but, is it possible that the application for which you are creating the icons doesn’t see transparent as "transparent" and needs something different to "see through?"

Reason I mention this is that I’ve seen artwork for use in computer simulations where any areas that are supposed to be transparent glass are sometimes hot pink or bright green. I assume the program knows to exclude those colors and replace them with images from the background.

Like I said, just thinking out loud…

Good Luck

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
H
hezahonker
Oct 4, 2005
Hi Jay,

You are completely correct…however, I think in this particular case the program now reads transparent. I know the simulation is showing that it isn’t working. However, you are correct, many times hot pink works. In my case it doesn’t seem to. Thanks for brainstorming. I am just trying to figure out if it is on elements end that I would be able to do this. Sounds like you cannot avoid this for TGA which is helping me troubleshoot. I have asked the developer for assistance. I will post here later and let you know what I come up with. Perhaps it is just some quirky color I am missing.

Best Regards,
Shezageek
"Jay Beckman" wrote in message

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Shezageek

Just thinking out loud but, is it possible that the application for which you are creating the icons doesn’t see transparent as "transparent" and needs something different to "see through?"

Reason I mention this is that I’ve seen artwork for use in computer simulations where any areas that are supposed to be transparent glass are sometimes hot pink or bright green. I assume the program knows to exclude those colors and replace them with images from the background.

Good Luck

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
H
hezahonker
Oct 4, 2005
Jay,

Here is the information from the developers website. Is this helpful?

The software also offers the ability to assign custom shortcut icons and tab icons. All of iLauncher custom icons support TGA files display which include alpha channel and are painted with transparency levels giving a much better look to your Pocket PC.

Thanks,

Shezageek
Hi Jay,

You are completely correct…however, I think in this particular case the program now reads transparent. I know the simulation is showing that it isn’t working. However, you are correct, many times hot pink works. In my case it doesn’t seem to. Thanks for brainstorming. I am just trying to figure out if it is on elements end that I would be able to do this. Sounds like you cannot avoid this for TGA which is helping me troubleshoot. I have asked the developer for assistance. I will post here later and let you know what I come up with. Perhaps it is just some quirky color I am missing.

Best Regards,
Shezageek
"Jay Beckman" wrote in message

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Shezageek

Good Luck

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections