M
Posted By
mcl
Oct 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What typically happens in this type of situation with Adobe. I bought version 3.0 on July and just saw where 4.0 is coming out? Does Adobe typically allow at least reduced price updates?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KS
Ken Smith
Oct 2, 2005
I ran into the exact same situation last year with 2.0 and 3.0. After an easy telephone call to Adobe Customer Service, they sent me the updated version for only 5 bucks shipping. No Sweat!

"mcl" wrote in
What typically happens in this type of situation with Adobe. I bought version 3.0 on July and just saw where 4.0 is coming out? Does Adobe typically allow at least reduced price updates?
M
mcl
Oct 2, 2005
Do you have a phone number for Adobe Customer Service?

"Ken Smith" wrote in message
I ran into the exact same situation last year with 2.0 and 3.0. After an easy telephone call to Adobe Customer Service, they sent me the updated version for only 5 bucks shipping. No Sweat!

"mcl" wrote in

M
mcl
Oct 2, 2005

"mcl" wrote in

H
Hosmer
Oct 2, 2005
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 21:33:43 -0400, "mcl"
wrote:

"mcl" wrote in

Have you tried looking at the Adobe web site Customer Support page for a phone number?
<http://store.adobe.com/store/general/customerservice.jhtml>
M
mcl
Oct 2, 2005
They have any "human" contact number well hidden along with any good E-mail address to send to about this question.
They don’t want you to actually be able to contact them. As typical nowadays customer service has gone to hell.

"Hosmer" wrote in message
wrote:

"mcl" wrote in

Have you tried looking at the Adobe web site Customer Support page for a phone number?
H
Hosmer
Oct 3, 2005
On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:36:48 -0400, "mcl"
wrote:

They have any "human" contact number well hidden along with any good E-mail address to send to about this question.
They don’t want you to actually be able to contact them. As typical nowadays customer service has gone to hell.

wrote:

"mcl" wrote in

At
<http://store.adobe.com/store/general/contactus.jhtml;storesessionid=H2M10R5U1OB41QFI0IKRT5GAVDJBIIV1>
It has

Our customer service representatives are available to speak with you seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Pacific time. Just call toll-free at 888-724-4508.

It was a brain wrenching exercise to get to that page
http://www.Adobe.com > Purchase > Customer Service > Contacting the Adobe store

As typical nowadays people have gotten stupid and lazy.
LR
Loyd Reedy
Oct 3, 2005
I bought 3.0 Sunday, Called Adobe this Am and within 10 Minutes have
4.0 on it’s way!

1-888-724-4508

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:36:48 -0400, "mcl"
wrote:

wrote:

"mcl" wrote in

S
splanky
Oct 3, 2005
I found the same thing. When I finally through the phone maize to so-called "customer service", all they wanted me to do is give them my name, phone, address, etc, just like a government bureaucracy. Hey, lady, all I want is the answer to upgrading to PSE 4.0 after just having bought 3.0. She said – finally after putting me on hold, that if you bought PSE 3 on August 28th or later, you get upgraded for free. I missed it by a few weeks.

This particular service rep seemed to be some type of "valley girl", not able to enunciate her words at all. She sounded tired and indifferent. If I treated my customers in the corporate environment like that, my ass would be out on the street – with cause.

They want you to take a surveyon the net site. My advice to Adobe: is fire the marketing jerks, and hire someone who cares just a little about customers, rather than just corporate self-interest. It will pay dividends in the long run with satisfied, repeat customers.

And start paying employees minimum wage.

But I don’t think I’ll see that in my lifetime.

"mcl" wrote in

wrote:

"mcl" wrote in

A
Al
Oct 4, 2005
Just talked to ADOBE and they will give a discount if you purchased 3 after verson 4 came out.

Al
"splanky" wrote in message
I found the same thing. When I finally through the phone maize to so-called "customer service", all they wanted me to do is give them my name, phone, address, etc, just like a government bureaucracy. Hey, lady, all I want is the answer to upgrading to PSE 4.0 after just having bought 3.0. She said – finally after putting me on hold, that if you bought PSE 3 on August 28th or later, you get upgraded for free. I missed it by a few weeks.
This particular service rep seemed to be some type of "valley girl", not able to enunciate her words at all. She sounded tired and indifferent. If I treated my customers in the corporate environment like that, my ass would be out on the street – with cause.

They want you to take a surveyon the net site. My advice to Adobe: is fire the marketing jerks, and hire someone who cares just a little about customers, rather than just corporate self-interest. It will pay dividends in the long run with satisfied, repeat customers.

"mcl" wrote in

wrote:

I ran into the exact same situation last year with 2.0 and 3.0. After an
easy telephone call to Adobe Customer Service, they sent me the updated version for only 5 bucks shipping. No Sweat!

"mcl" wrote
in

M
mcl
Oct 5, 2005
I got mine in July and the only discount was 79 instead of 99. I don’t think so.
Why do I get the feeling I could beat that at Sam’s (;-).

"Al" wrote in message
Just talked to ADOBE and they will give a discount if you purchased 3 after verson 4 came out.

Al
"splanky" wrote in message
I found the same thing. When I finally through the phone maize to so-called "customer service", all they wanted me to do is give them my name, phone, address, etc, just like a government bureaucracy. Hey, lady, all I want is the answer to upgrading to PSE 4.0 after just having bought
3.0. She said – finally after putting me on hold, that if you bought PSE 3
on August 28th or later, you get upgraded for free. I missed it by a few weeks.

"mcl" wrote in

wrote:

I ran into the exact same situation last year with 2.0 and 3.0. After an
easy telephone call to Adobe Customer Service, they sent me the updated
version for only 5 bucks shipping. No Sweat!

"mcl" wrote
in
What typically happens in this type of situation with Adobe. I bought
version 3.0 on July and just saw where 4.0 is coming out? Does Adobe typically allow at least reduced price updates?

B
Bob
Oct 21, 2005
You can beat it at Sams. Saw it yesterday for 30 cents less.

Bob

mcl wrote:
I got mine in July and the only discount was 79 instead of 99. I don’t think so.
C
ckm
Oct 21, 2005
It’s $79.99 at Fry’s plus there is a $20 mail-in coupon in the box bringing it to $59.
KM

Bob wrote:
Bob

mcl wrote:

MK
Michael Knapp
Oct 27, 2005
Bob,

I bought 3.0 at CompUSA on 23 August… I called Adobe Customer Support on 23 October and "sort of" complained, in a nice way. The person I talked to was sympathetic, but could not do anything herself. She did bump it up to her supervisor and assigned me a Case Number. Within 15 minutes she called me back – she had been authorized to ship 4.0 to me for the cost of shipping (about $14 to Hawaii using DHL). I had to give her my 3.0 S/N and fax them a copy of my 3.0 purchase receipt. I’m expecting 4.0 any day now. Needless to say, I’m a happy camper…

Give it a try
The Adobe Store
http://store.adobe.com/store/general/contactus.jhtml

Phones: 888-724-4508 or 800-833-6687

Aloha and good luck
Mike

"Bob" wrote in message
Bob

mcl wrote:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections