B
Posted By
born2run1701
Sep 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried to do a Photoshop Elements 3 full backup on 3 DVD. Turns out that the first disc is unreadable though all 3 DVD were said to be verified. Tried it again and the same thing happened. Is it a common problem?

If I forget about the Elements backup but do straight forward file backup with other utilities, will I be able to repair or even just restoring a damaged Elements catalog? Being able to repair catalogs is one big reason why I tried to use Elements backup.

TS

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Roy
Sep 8, 2005
"Nothing Man" wrote in message
I tried to do a Photoshop Elements 3 full backup on 3 DVD. Turns out that the first disc is unreadable though all 3 DVD were said to be verified. Tried it again and the same thing happened. Is it a common problem?

If I forget about the Elements backup but do straight forward file backup with other utilities, will I be able to repair or even just restoring a damaged Elements catalog? Being able to repair catalogs is one big reason why I tried to use Elements backup.

TS
If you used a "Back-up" program, then the discs will be unreadable in the normal way, but they should be usable for a full "Restore" using that same Program.

If you used Windows "Back -Up" program, then the best of luck, because I have never been able to Restore using it.

Regards,

Roy G

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections