A
Posted By
aelover11
Oct 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CMYK color space, Photoshop 7.0 allows us to set each channel the value to an integer number valued only from 0 to 100. I know for a CMYK image each channel might have 8 bits ==> the value of each channel should be from 0 to 255.
Anybody knows how to set CMYK in Photoshop so that each channel has 8 bit color?

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Herb
Oct 9, 2007

A.E lover wrote:
In CMYK color space, Photoshop 7.0 allows us to set each channel the value to an integer number valued only from 0 to 100. I know for a CMYK image each channel might have 8 bits ==> the value of each channel should be from 0 to 255.
Anybody knows how to set CMYK in Photoshop so that each channel has 8 bit color?

Thanks

I don’t know about PS 7, but in CS3 the Curves dialog has two choices: a button that says "Light" and one that says "Pigment/Ink." "Light" gives
you values of 0 – 255 and "Pigment/Ink" give % values.

Herb
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Oct 9, 2007
"A.E lover" wrote in message

Thanks
CMYK mode is used by commercial printers and the numbers you see are percentages of process ink (pantones) that goes to make up the colour. It also has a much lower gamut than RGB colour spaces.
TWK
D
delooch
Oct 9, 2007
On Oct 9, 2:13 am, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:
"A.E lover" wrote in message

news:> In CMYK color space, Photoshop 7.0 allows us to set each channel
the value to an integer number valued only from 0 to 100. I know for a CMYK image each channel might have 8 bits ==> the value of each channel should be from 0 to 255.

Thanks

CMYK mode is used by commercial printers and the numbers you see are percentages of process ink (pantones) that goes to make up the colour. It also has a much lower gamut than RGB colour spaces.
TWK

yes, as mentioned, the 0 to 100 is the PERCENTAGE of ink used, it has nothing to do with bit depth.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections