C
Posted By
Carole
Jun 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went to the Photoshop Elements summit this past weekend. One of the projects he showed us was how to take a photo, enlarge the canvas area so that there was white all around, and then add a thin line around the photo to create a mat effect. I thought I had written down all the steps. He said to create a new layer, select the area that you wanted the border to appear, and then edit stroke selection. He said to use 1 pixel and inside. When I did this, I only got the line on the top and the left. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Roy
Jun 20, 2005
"Carole" wrote in message
I went to the Photoshop Elements summit this past weekend. One of the projects he showed us was how to take a photo, enlarge the canvas area so that there was white all around, and then add a thin line around the photo to create a mat effect. I thought I had written down all the steps. He said to create a new layer, select the area that you wanted the border to appear, and then edit stroke selection. He said to use 1 pixel and inside. When I did this, I only got the line on the top and the left. What am I doing wrong?

Hi.

As usual that described way is far from the only one.

What I do is Enlarge Canvas, with white. Then enlarge Canvas again, by a very small amount using whatever colour I want for the line, and then Enlarge again with more white.

Roy G
R
Roy
Jun 20, 2005
"Carole" wrote in message

Hi again

I should have said that the easiest way is with the "Relative" box ticked.

Roy G
C
Carole
Jun 20, 2005
Roy wrote:

Hi again

I should have said that the easiest way is with the "Relative" box ticked.
Roy G

Thanks, Roy! I’ll give it a try 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections