EK
Posted By
Ethan_Kaufman
Jun 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently acquired PSE 3.0. After downloading my first set of photos into the Organizer, I burned them to a CD for back up and to share. The Organizer downloads them with the proper horizontal or vertical orientation. The problem I have is that all the vertically oriented photos appear horizontal on the CD. The only exception are those I did some editing to. (Previously I used WinXP’s My Pictures to organize and do backups to CD, and didn’t encounter this problem; though all photos were initially down loaded with a horizontal orientation that I had to correct.) Any suggestions for resolving this issue are appreciated! I’m impressed with the Organizer’s features and would like to continue using it.

Ethan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

O
o3v3tz
Jun 11, 2005
Ethan,

On the CD the photos are just files, they don’t really have an orientaiton. It is the software that you use to display the files which determines how they are displayed (including the Orientation).

However, unless you are working with RAW files, there is an appraoch that may help you to circumvent the fact that some software does not interpret the orientation indicators that are present in a photo file.

Pick a portrait orientation photo that has not been edited. Within the Organizer Photo Browser, rotate that photo 90 degrees to the right and then back again to the left.

Next look at that same photo file with Windows XP Picture and Fax viewer – does it display OK?

If your files are RAW format, then I suggest that you post your camera make and model. Someelse will need to respond because I don’t have experience with RAW files.

Barb O

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections