Posted By
Fraser_Hamilton
Jun 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help:
When working in PSE2 my images often get vertical stripes that look like digital interference. Sometimes they do not appear until the image is saved. They appear at random intervals and times during editing. The are typically only on one layer. They always print when present. This is very distressing. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Fraser Hamilton

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 10, 2005
Fraser,

Do these "lines" still show when you view the image at 100%?

Wendy
FH
Fraser_Hamilton
Jun 10, 2005
Yes. I have subsequently determined that they are probably what are more commonly referred to as artifacts. Any ideas how to get rid of them?
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 10, 2005
There are some printers that will produce lines if the resolution of the image file isn’t an even number of pixels, although I haven’t heard of this showing up when viewed on the screen. But, since what you’re describing appears somewhat random in nature, have you checked to see if there are any variations is resolution between the ones with lines and the ones without? I don’t expect this to be the problem, but every once in a while it’s the simplest things that get overlooked. I’m specifically thinking of a resizing operation that might have resulted in a resolution of something like 297.56ppi, for an example.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections