IW
Posted By
ian_whiting
Jun 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I select HELP (or F1) a task bar button appears for Adobe Help complete with its question mark icon but nothing else happens. If I minimize all and click the task bar button nothing happens.

Any ideas on how to see the help pages again please?

Photoshop Elements 3.0.1, Windows XP (with all latest updates) and Maxthon (IE6) is the default browser. It used to work fine.

TIA

Ian

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
Jun 8, 2005
Ian,

This has come up before… I’m not positive, but I think if you right click the taskbar icon and choose Maximize, it will work.

Let us know.

Byron
IW
ian_whiting
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Byron

Thanks, but no luck with this solution. Nothing I have done has made the Help screens appear.

I have tried searching for HELP but, as you can imagine, it shows me just about every post there has ever been

Ian
IW
ian_whiting
Jun 8, 2005
Byron

My sincere apologies, MAXIMISE does solve it, I had been trying RESTORE

Many thanks for your quick response and help

Regards

Ian
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 8, 2005
Ian,

I did a forum search for "help taskbar" and found a report of trouble exactly like you report, but in that case Maximize cured the trouble.

I’ll step aside and wait for the REAL experts to chime in.

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 8, 2005
Ian,

Great news!!!

Byron
O
o3v3tz
Jun 8, 2005
Generally the approaches for Help are

First, right click on the Adobe Help rectangle on the Task Bar (probably at the bottom of your screen) – then try Maximize or Restore (if they are available). Maiximize did not work for you, so try Restore if it is not greyed out.

Second, if the above fails, then right click on the rectange in the task bar again and choose Close. Next you will be starting Help again –
but have your fingers positioned on the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys first – then immediately after you click on P Elements Help from the menu, depress those three keys. You should see a small Window asking if you want to delete Help preferences (or some similar question), say Yes and Help should launch.

In the future, I suggest that when you plan to close Help, you first Restore or Maximize it (in other words don’t Close Help from the minimized status). I seem to have less problems opening Help next time if I don’t close it from Minimized status – not sure if there is a connection but it seems a small price to pay for less grief.

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
Jun 8, 2005
She who stops to drink a latte in the middle of composing a Post, will be too late when actually posting.
But then the latte was good…..

Barb O
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 8, 2005
wrote
She who stops to drink a latte in the middle of composing a Post, will be
too late when actually posting.

….the same can be said for taking a short nap!!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 8, 2005
Your two should be a comedy double act … 🙂

Umm …. come to think of it I now fancy making a latte 🙂

wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections