Posted By
d_rick
Jun 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi,

just ordered the elements / premier bundle package, and am excited to start out with digital photo editing. I am a complete newbie to this, and am looking for a good reference book to augment the "Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 Classroom in a Book" that I ordered with the software.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
o3v3tz
Jun 7, 2005
First, since you ordered the bundle, were you able to get the combined Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements Classroom in a Book? That will give you an additional source for Premiere Elements. You probably will start with Photoshop Elements since you said that you will be doing digital photo editing.

For a Photoshop Elements book, I recommend Photoshop Elements 3, The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage. Amazon is usually a good source, but it you live near a Fry’s, they have been doing $25 – 25 rebate every couple of weeks. Use the Classroom in a Book for some step by step to get started, then use The Missing Manual for more depth plus hints on many areas.

If you want the best book specifically for the Organization functions in Photoshop Elements 3, then add Michael Slater’s book Organizing Your Photos with Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 to your list.

Barb Olson
CD
Chuck_DeForest
Jun 7, 2005
Before you purchase anything I would recommend viewing the included DVD. I found this to be a huge help with getting me started. Both programs are very easy to use and the DVD does a good job of getting you started with all the important features. I too purchased the classroom in a book but have hardly touched it after watching the DVD. Another thing you are already doing right is posting to this forum. There are loads of talented people here who are generous with their advice!

In my experience you will have a more rewarding experience by learning to take good pictures and shoot good video. You may want to spend your book budget on a something like "Digital Photography Expert -Light & Lighting by Michael Freeman" or other general reference publications on photography and videography.
DR
d_rick
Jun 8, 2005
Barb,

no, i had each of those individually ordered from Amazon. i just cancelled the orginal order, and changed to the combo book. thanks for the advice!
DR
d_rick
Jun 8, 2005
chuck,

actually don’t even have the software yet. i am waiting for it to arrive, but wanted some reference material to read before it showed up. i will make sure and watch the dvd when it shows up.

would you recommend one of his other books as a warm up? it appears there are about 7-8 of them with various titles.

to level set your answer, i am NOT an expert digital photographer, i’m on my 3rd camera, and still getting to be a decent cameraman, let alone an expert.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections