CD
Posted By
Chuck_DeForest
Jun 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a lot of old images on Kodak photo CD’s. I want to use PSE to convert these images to Max quality .jpg files.

I have successfully done this using PSE on about 20k pictures acquired from scanning. After scanning the images into PSE I select the "Process multiple images" command from the file menu. I select the source folder, the destination folder, naming options, and the save as file type. I.E MAX quality .jpg. I return to my computer an hour later and my destination folder is full of properly named .jpg files.

The photo CD images the process is a bit different, one has to open the photo CD images and select the correct options. After manually opening all the images I again select "process multiple files from the file menu, and repeat the above procedure setting the source as "opened files". Upon clicking "OK" instead of saving all opened files as .jpg files, a "save as" dialogue box appears. At this point I no longer have the option to select the .jpg file type it is not an available option in the drop down box.

Using the procedure above I can convert the images to .png or .psd files just not .jpg’s. I have also attempted to convert the resultant .png and .psd files to .jpg’s still no luck.

I am using PSE 3
I also own PS_CS and have manually tried using the "save as" command to manually save the images to .jpg files but the same error occurs.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LM
Lou_M
Jun 7, 2005
Chuck, are they 16 bit files? I don’t know much about Photo CD images, but Raw images that are opened as 16 bit files can’t be processed by Process Multiple Files. Try Image > Mode > Convert to 8 bits/channel.

Does that work?
CD
Chuck_DeForest
Jun 7, 2005
Thanks Lou!

Just the advice I needed. Your solution worked perfectly the photos where indeed 16 bits/channel. My family and I thank you.
I have about 150 photo CD’s to convert now I can automate most of the process.

Thanks again
Chuck
LM
Lou_M
Jun 8, 2005
You’re welcome, Chuck. Have fun!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections