BB
Posted By
Barry_Baldwin
Jun 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have recently purchased PhotoShop Elements 3. Having installed onto my computer, as a result, my Printer scanner Epson RX 620 will no longer perform normally when using the Epson Smart scan software, and scanning film or transparencies, this results in an error message “No response from the scanner, make sure the scanner is on and properly connected”. This is not completely consistent, and can occur either part way through the first or any of the 4 image scans at any one time, or not even wish to start at all. I would point out that at this point I am not even running the Adobe Elements 3 programme, but purely scanning with the supplied Epson software. By completely removing Elements 3 from my computer my printer scanner is restored to it normal working condition. I have removed all software associated with the Epson printer scanner and reloaded such, and the scanner has been substituted with another RX 620 all to no avail.

I am using:-

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Intel Pentium 4 – 2.8 GHz

1 Gig Ram

HD 186 Gigs

USB connection direct into a master not via a Hub.

Any body out there who can HELP me, as after registering the product I do not find Adobe at all helpfull consumer wise, like wise with Epson, it would seem I am piggy in the middle,HELP.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 6, 2005
Barry,

I have 3 suggestions for you to try:
1. Open the Organizer, go to Edit>Preferences>Camera or Card reader and unchecheck "Use Adobe downloader…" See if that fixes the problem.
2. If not, see if your scanner is listed in Preferences>Scanner in the drop down box.
3. If this does not fix the problem, you may wish to try an installation of Elements using the DeLorme technique:
<http://www.delorme.com/support/installxp.asp>

Please let us know how you make out.

Ken
BB
Barry_Baldwin
Jun 6, 2005
Ken, many thanks for your prompt reply, it is quite late here in the UK, but I will follow up your most helpfull sugestions tomorrow and I will most definitly let you know the outcome, once again many thanks.

Barry
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 6, 2005
Barry, I got just a touch confused by your post in terms of the order in which you’ve tried various things, but it reminded me of something.

Did you make sure Elements was loaded BEFORE loading the scanner? I was having a problem a while back after rebuilding a drive and was forced to look at the installation instructions for my Epson scanner, since it wouldn’t work! They very clearly say to make sure Elements is installed before installing the scanner driver. I put the scanner drivers on first and couldn’t get anything to work right. 🙁 Just FYI in case it happens to apply in your case.
BB
Barry_Baldwin
Jun 10, 2005
Ken

unfortunately the methods mentioned did not resolve although at this stage i have not yet tried the deLome method will keep you updated

Barry
BB
Barry_Baldwin
Jun 10, 2005
Beth

Appolagies for the delay in replying.

Many thanks for your comments but unfortunately they did not resolve.

Barry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections