KD
Posted By
Kelli_D._Hayden
Jun 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently when I try to use Photoshop Elements the top tool bar does not appear. I’m talking about the tool bar that is at the very top of the page that is to the right of the apple icon. As a result I am shut out of being able to do any editing. The ‘save’ function as well as ‘quit’ are not even available.

I am using an ibook G3 10.2.8.

Sometimes the tool bar will show up, but it appears to be a random occurance and not due to anything that I am doing differently.

I have a screen shot of what the start up looks like, but it does not appear that this forum is set up for attachments. Is this correct???

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 6, 2005
If you want to post it, go to pixentral.com and click the choose file button, select your file, then upload. Then copy and paste the image URL into your message.

EDIT you’ll need to convert it from a pdf. I don’t think pixentral can take those.
B
bitjumper
Jun 6, 2005
I’m having the missing toolbar problem too. In addition, I accidently got the application window to be full screen and I can’t get it back to normal. (I had an errant mouse movement.)

I’m on a Mac mini, 10.3.9.

I pretty much can’t do anything either.

Erik
B
bitjumper
Jun 6, 2005
Okay. I’m sure this is drastic, so if someone knows a better way, let us know.

I got the toolbar back by exiting Photoshop and removing the file: ~/library/preferences/Photoshop Elements 3.0 Settings/Photoshop Elements 3.0 Prefs.psp. I’m also back out of that weird full screen application window.

I just installed Photoshop Elements 3.0 (trial) today so I didn’t loose any settings I might have really cared about. I’m trying to decide if I want to upgrade from Photoshop Elements 2.0. So far I’m a little concerned.

Erik
KD
Kelli_D._Hayden
Jun 8, 2005
Thanks for your suggestions. I solved the problem by installing photoshop elements 2 and just getting rid of my old program that kept giving me headaches.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 8, 2005
When Elements does strange things it always worth deleting the prefs file … it is quick and simple to do so we tend to suggest that people try it before doing anything more radical 🙂

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections