RB
Posted By
Ray_B_Kramer
Jun 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In my catalog my pictures have red tornen red squares on the bottom of the pictures what is this and how do I get rid of this problem. I’m using photoshop elements 3.0

thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
Have you moved the pictures outside of Organizer?
RB
Ray_B_Kramer
Jun 6, 2005
Yes, to print them. I did sore of figure it out but only 1 at a time (to reconnect. Is there a way to do a select all as 1 at a time is very time consuming.
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
Why did you move them to make prints? That makes no sense.

Reconnecting is problematic for some people, but I have found that the File/Reconnect/All Missing Files seems to work.

The best thing to do is not move files about outside of Organizer. EIther leave them where they are or do th emoving using Organizer’s commands [File/Move or D&D in folder view].
RB
Ray_B_Kramer
Jun 6, 2005
I’ve reconnected what I can but there are still lots that can’t be reconnected. The dialog box states that there is no image available. Is this because I edited them then deleted the origials. Is there any way that I can just get ride of the red square on my pictures without deleting the picture.
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
I edited them then deleted the origials

Exactly how did you do the edit?
From within Organizer?
How did you delete the originals?
RB
Ray_B_Kramer
Jun 7, 2005
I edited with elements from my organizer then deleted the original from the organizer. At the time I had 2.0, I just bought 3.0. I’ve very computer illiterate so have patience with me.
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 7, 2005
then deleted the original from the organizer

How exactly did you do that? The correct way would a right-click and then choose Replace Original with Edited [this is slightly different with 3].

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections