BS
Posted By
Bernard Stay
Jun 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I frequently get "Clipboard export failed" because file is too large. Is there a size limit in Clipboard and if so what is it? Can anything be done to allow copy/paste etc. on larger files?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 5, 2005
I seem to recall from other postings that you are on Windows. I don’t think that this question is not specific to PSE in any way.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 5, 2005
The Clipboard is a portion of your OS, if I remember right. There’s probably a way to either increase its capacity or clear its cache.

What are you trying to do? Although I’m probably in the minority, I almost never use the copy/paste method to combine images, finding it’s easier to use drag/drop. If you’re trying to move items between applications, however, that does require the clipboard.

Post which OS you’re using and someone may be able to give you more information on clearing the problem.
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 5, 2005
If you’re trying to move items between applications, however, that does require the clipboard

Not on Windows. D&D is often the best way to do that too.

Bernard:

How much free disk space do you have?
What size memory?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 5, 2005
‘Morning, Beth. D&D works fine on the mac, too. Better than copy/paste for large files, actually–it’s faster.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 5, 2005
I knew that!!! Can anybody tell I’m not thinking too clearly yet this morning? 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections