NF
Posted By
Nicole_Frechette
Jun 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop Elements 3.0 on a home computer with Windows xp Home. Program has been working fine until yesterday. Now it won’t open at all and I get the following error message:
"The ODBC data source reported the following error
Internal data: data not found."

I tired uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop but it didn’t help. A knowledge base article on the Adobe website stated that the problem was a damaged Windows ODBC driver and suggested a reinstallation of Windows. I did this but it didn’t solve the problem either. I still can’t open Photoshop Elements and still get the same error message. Everything else on my computer is working fine and the Event Viewer shows no system or application entries for this problem.

Thanks for your help and/or suggestions. It’s much appreciated. Nicole

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 5, 2005
Try a global prefs reset:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".
NF
Nicole_Frechette
Jun 5, 2005
Hi Colin – I tried what you suggested but it didn’t solve the problem. Now the error message comes up at the Photoshop Element Logo, before the program actually opens, instead of when the program first opens like before. It won’t allow me to click OK either so I have no choice but to restart my computer. Go figure!
Thanks for your quick response. Hope you have other bright ideas. Nicole
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 5, 2005
Have you see this document: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328573.html> ? It may be of some help.
NF
Nicole_Frechette
Jun 5, 2005
Hi Nannygoat and Colin
The first thing I tried was the article you mention Nannygoat. It didn’t resolve anything but thanks anyway. I’m slowly going through your troubleshooting article Colin but there’s lots I can’t try if I can’t even open the program. I still can’t figure out why uninstalling and reinstalling the program doesn’t solve it. I even tried deleting some of the remnants that are left after uninstallation but no go there either.
Thanks both – Nicole
NF
Nicole_Frechette
Jun 5, 2005
Thanks everyone but I just fixed the problem. I uninstalled Photoshop Elements and then deleted all entries from the registry and My Computer. Then I reinstalled from scratch. It seems to have done the trick. Sure hope it stays that way.
Nicole

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections