Does Elements 3 have the same file size limitiations as Album 2?

LC
Posted By
Lynwen_Connick
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I currently have photoshop elements 2 and photoshop album 2 and have many large eg 60mb scanned files that I can’t import into Album for organising my photos I think the limit is around 30mb. Is this fixed in the combined product?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jun 4, 2005
wrote:
I currently have photoshop elements 2 and photoshop album 2 and have many large eg 60mb scanned files that I can’t import into Album for organising my photos I think the limit is around 30mb. Is this fixed in the combined product?

I just tried importing a 80meg file and it worked.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 4, 2005
I just tried adding a 102 mb tif file to Organizer and it appeared to have no problems with it. Processing the file on my PC (2.67 gig P4, 533 mh FSBus, 512 mb Ram, 64mb DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420, 120 gig hard drive with 85 gig free) takes it to it’s knees but it eventually gets the job done in both Editor and Organizer. Don’t know what the effect of a lot of these would be but I have quite a few over 30 mb.

You could install the free trial and find out if you want to be sure.

Bob
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 4, 2005
It does have some limits, but I am not clear what they are. I suspect that, like with PSA, the limit isn’t file size it is image pixel size. Generally with PSA, this only showed up with scanned image where an excessive resolution was used. I have images well over 100Mb that PSA would handle and Organizer is OK with.
O
o3v3tz
Jun 4, 2005
Kirsten Harris, "A gray or an hourglass thumbnail displays instead of the image in the Organizer" #, 18 Nov 2004 1:02 pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

suggest that you read the above FAQ

Barb O

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections