Disfunctional "fill flash" & color cast in B&W pics.

SL
Posted By
sheila_l._chambers
Jun 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 and Windows XP with service pack 2.

Not only do my B&W JPEG images have a red color cast but now the "fill flash" has stopped working, brightness & contrast continue to function.

I tried to uninstall then reinstall the product but the problems remain.

Any ideas?

Sheila

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 3, 2005
Sheila,

It sounds like you may need to trash the prefs file ..

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (Mac users Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Let us know if that sorts it out 🙂

Wendy
SL
sheila_l._chambers
Jun 3, 2005
I had to do it twice before Photoshop elements got the message but it finaly worked!!

The B&W images are finaly B&W and "fill flash" works again!

Thank you so much for your help!

I tried the online customer service but it didn’t even have anything about "fill flash"!! and I was in the photo shop elements area!

Thank goodness they have "adobeforums"!

Again, thank you for your speedy help.

Sheila from Harbor OR.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 3, 2005
Sheila …

I’m so glad that it worked 🙂

Wendy
SL
sheila_l._chambers
Jun 4, 2005
I never would have guessed the problem was in "preferences".

I checked the "preferences" section in the Photoshop elements book and there was the "fix" on page 33, "setting preferences" and at the bottom, how to restore them to their default settings.

Why didn’t they just have a list of common problems?

Looks like a lot of problems can be fixed by resetting the defaults with "alt+control+shift" as the program opens.

Thanks again Wendy!!! :^)

Sheila
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 4, 2005
Sheila,

As a general rule if PSE does anything odd resetting the prefs is usually the first thing we try 🙂

Wendy
SL
sheila_l._chambers
Jun 4, 2005
Well I’m back to red colored B&W jpegs, I reset the "preferences" a number of times as Photoshop opened, but the color persisted-arrrgggg!

Perhaps it will streighten out when I re-boot.

If not, I’ll read the handbook and if I can’t find a fix there, I’ll be back here.

Sheila from Harbor OR.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 4, 2005
Sheila, a couple of things: Are you set for Full Color Management? If so, does checking No Color Management fix it? That’s where your color setting goes when you delete prefs. If you changed it back to full color management you’re putting yourself into Adobe RGB, which can cause problems with reds if the file isn’t an Adobe RGB tagged file.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections