Can I create photo negatives with Photoshop?

LM
Posted By
Leia_Manuel
Sep 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Created a certain visual effect in my old Print Shop program and am wondering if Photoshop can produce something similar (I do not own it yet; I am trying to determine whether or not to buy it).

It is for the inside of a CD insert. I need to import a photo, turn it to black and white, convert the black and white to a photo negative, then apply a color wash to the negative. Can Photoshop do that? 🙂

And while I have your attention: does Photoshop let you insert a text box over top of a photo? If so, does it come with its own fonts, or does it use existing Windows fonts?

Thanks! -L

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BE
Bernard_E_Saper
Sep 2, 2007
Leia…You can convert a photo to a black and white negative using Photoshop. There are several methods for the conversion to B/W; the conversion to a negative is very straightforward. It is also very simple to add text to a photograph. The fonts are Windows fonts.
Hope this helps you.

Bernie
C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 2, 2007
You can do almost anything in Photoshop – just by pressing the F1 key. 😉

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections