PW
Posted By
Peter_Wagner
Aug 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I apologize if this has been asked before; I did a forum search and checked the FAQs thread.

I can’t get Photoshop to render small type decently. For example, when I’m doing web page mockups, 12 pixel Arial or 14 pixel Georgia , for example, looks terrible compared to the way Dreamweaver, a web browser, or the operating system would render it. Really, just about anything under 18 pt is sloppily rendered in Photoshop.

None of the anti-aliasing rendering options helps, either (Sharp, Crisp, Strong, etc.). So I wind up typesetting in Dreamweaver, and then taking a screenshot which I use in Photoshop.

Is there a way to tell Photoshop to use the operating system’s Cleartype to render text instead?

I searched for plug-ins and there is one called Sharptype but it looks like a dedicated plug-in an not a simple menu addition to the anti-aliasing pulldown. Also, every site that has it for download makes my MacAfee light up like a Christmas Tree so I don’t trust downloading the plug-in’s .exe file.

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections