Process Mult. Files; Renames file without Rename checked??

T
Posted By
Trekr2
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I Process Multiple Files from OpenFiles, and set the Destination to where the files are stored, Elements renames the files even though rename is not checked. For example, #1 002 becomes #1 002001. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I’m trying to find a way to edit 10 files and then save them over the orginal without clicking 3-4 times for each file ("close all" then "save as" then "jpg options" then "overwrite?"). There surely is a way??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I think PSE is just protecting you from yourself. Why not just write to a new folder and accapt having a copy or trash the old folder and rename the new one.

Also, when I highlight 4 files from Explorer and click open, only one file opens in Elements. Ideas??

Are you saying 4 specifically? I just selected 3 files, right-clicked and chose Open. PSE opened with all 3 images.
T
Trekr2
May 31, 2005
—I think PSE is just protecting you from yourself. Why not just write to a new folder and accapt having a copy or trash the old folder and rename the new one.

I can do that I suppose. As long as it won’t change my file name it’s workable.

——Are you saying 4 specifically? I just selected 3 files, right-clicked and chose Open. PSE opened with all 3 images.

Mine only opens 1 file regardless of how many I’ve selected in Explorer. Must be a quirk w/ this computer..

Thanks.
CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
Mine only opens 1 file regardless of how many I’ve selected in Explorer

I have heard of that effect with other programs, but that seems to be specific to the program. Sorry, but I have to ask: are you sure that only one image is opened [check Window menu]?
T
Trekr2
May 31, 2005
I may try reinstalling. I thought I locked up, then got some type of Vbox error when I tried opening 3 files this time. Thanks.
CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
Try resetting prefs first:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections