Ian_Edwards
Aug 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

learning curve getting steeper!!

I created a circular path and then added text to that path. Clicked the tick to commit changes. I then created another layer and selected it in the layer palet so it turned blue.

I select the text tool to type on the new layer but the "layer focus" moves back to the layer containing my circular text.

I’ve saved the document and re opened but no matter what I do the focus always moves to the circular text layer.

Would appreciate any suggestions

thanks

Ian

http://www.edwards-micros.co.uk

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 30, 2007
Version, etc.?

First, realize that you don’t type on the new layer. The Text tool creates a new layer.

Here’s a couple of suggestions. Switch tools temporarily. And click on another layer first, or the blank area at the bottom of te Layers Palette, then get the Text tool.

You could also try locking the first Text layer.

I have to say I have had this problem in previous version (I think 6 or 7) but since moving to CS it doesn’t happen to me.
IE
Ian_Edwards
Aug 30, 2007
HI

I’m using CS3 extended. I did try locking the first layer but it made no difference. I even created another layer but still had the same problem.

Your suggestion of clicking on the blank area of the layers pallet solved the problem, I suspect it must have something to do with my circular text layer. If I click anywhere else then layer with the circular text is selected I suspect it has a larger area than I thought!

Either way thanks

Ian

http://www.edwards-micros.co.uk

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections