Web Gallery features in Elements v1.0 & 2.0 deleted in v3.0?

MB
Posted By
Martin_Bloomenthal
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Elements 1.0 and 2.0, dialogues for creating Web Photo Galleries (based on the "Simple" template) included the following settings:

1. Set desired number of thumbnail rows and columns.
2. Set desired border size for both gallery thumbnails and gallery images.

Both of these features seem to have been eliminated in Elements 3.0. Are they really gone, or are they hiding somewhere I haven’t yet discovered?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 31, 2005
Have you looked through "Options" on the Web Photo Gallery page? Both of those features still exist in mine. However, I use a Mac, and I’m not sure whether the Web Photo Gallery is still a part of the Editor portion for Windows or if it’s part of the Organizer. If it’s part of Organizer, then I don’t have access to that to check.
MB
Martin_Bloomenthal
May 31, 2005
Beth,
I am using the Windows version of 3.0, in which the web photo gallery feature has been incorporated into the Organizer rather than the Editor. Selecting " File | New | Web Photo Gallery" from the Organizer brings up a single dialogue Web Photo Gallery dialogue. That dialogue consists of a drop-down menu of Style choices, gallery destination settings, and 4 tabbed sub-dialogues captioned Banner, Thumbnails, Large Photos and Custom Colors respectively. There is no "Options" feature that I can find. Each of the sub-dialoges (which are similar but not identical to those in previous versions of Elements) enables certain choices to be made, such image size, font style and size, etc., but NOT the parameters I noted in my original posting, both of which were accessible in previous versions of Elements for the Windows platform. Thanks for your feedback, but it look as if I need a user of Elements 3.0 for Windows to weigh in.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 31, 2005
Sorry about that Martin! (In more ways than one.) 🙂
CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
Martin

You’re right, the Web gallery facility has been completely reworked in PSE 3. Theer are a bunch of templates, but not the variability that you’re looking for.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections