GH
Posted By
George_Helser
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a digital camera that came with Photoshop elements 3.0 (for bundles only).

The CD looks fine but I cannot read it on three different CD readers on two PCs in my home. I can read it on a 6 year old PC and made a copy of it but I am concerned it might be corrupted.

How can I get a replacement CD? I’ve looked through the Adobe website and could not find an e-mail address for this kind of problem.

Thanks!

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MO
mike.osullivan3
May 31, 2005
wrote:
I bought a digital camera that came with Photoshop elements 3.0 (for bundles only).
The CD looks fine but I cannot read it on three different CD readers on two PCs in my home. I can read it on a 6 year old PC and made a copy of it but I am concerned it might be corrupted.

How can I get a replacement CD? I’ve looked through the Adobe website and could not find an e-mail address for this kind of problem.
Why not return the whole package to your supplier?
CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
An OEM copy would normally be replaceable only by the camera manufacturer. Can you contact them?

Why not try the copy you made? Where’s the harm? Generally any corruption would show up when you made the copy.
JS
James Silverton
May 31, 2005
Mike wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 08:02:45 +0100:

MO> wrote:
??>> I bought a digital camera that came with Photoshop ??>> elements 3.0 (for bundles only).
??>>
??>> The CD looks fine but I cannot read it on three different ??>> CD readers on two PCs in my home. I can read it on a 6 ??>> year old PC and made a copy of it but I am concerned it ??>> might be corrupted.
??>>
??>> How can I get a replacement CD? I’ve looked through the ??>> Adobe website and could not find an e-mail address for ??>> this kind of problem.
??>>

Returning it to the store looks like the best thing to do. In passing, I would like to mention that Adobe encouraged me to register the OEM copy of the original Elements that came last year with my Nikon camera. That allowed me to buy Elements 3 for just about half list price.

James Silverton.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections