IG
Posted By
Ian_Greig
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I start Photoshop Elements 2.0 there is an automatic updating process that kicks in and downloads 2 or 3 files. It tends to hang on the last one, AWEDBFiles.awe. I have left it "updating" for long periods of time but really it should be a few seconds on a broadband connection. I can’t quit or cancel or so anything with Elements while it is hung on this process. Anyone else had this and if so, what’s the solution?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
Just disable it. There are no updates to be had.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
Colin is assuming Elements eventually opens. If so, his instructions are correct. If it won’t even launch, disconnect from your broadband, then launch it and go to Preferences>Adobe Online and change the frequency to Never.
IG
Ian_Greig
May 30, 2005
Helpful — thanks. I killed the prefs and got it to open. I’ve downloaded the official update from the Adobe site, for what it’s worth. I’ll take the advice and kill this rather irritating auto update.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections