MS
Posted By
morton_stein
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a relatively new user of Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. I have created a number of custom slide shows and I find the images appear pixilated. Is there a way I can correct this problem?? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
o3v3tz
May 30, 2005
This response is written as if you are playing back the Custom Slideshow from a WMV file. You might also see the pixelation in the Preview within the Custom Slideshow. If you are doing something different, then please include that info when you post again.

custom slide shows and I find the images appear pixilated. Is there a way I can correct this problem??

Be sure that you have output a WMV file at the highest quality setting when making this evaluation – 800 x 600 Proof.

The cause for this problem may come from some other factor on your system. So this is not always easy to troubleshoot. I had a similar problem when I first used the Custom Slideshow. Updating my video card driver made a significant improvement.

I suggest that you

1-check the currency of your video card driver at your PC vendor’s or video card vendor’s web stie.

2-check the level of Direct X software installed on your machine (Start button, Run, type in Dxdiag). I am running with Direct X 9.0c on Windows XP Home.

3-Checking for Windows Update fixes is also relevant.

4-I am using Windows Media Player 10; not sure if it is better than earlier versions of Media Player.

Barb O
MS
morton_stein
May 30, 2005
Thank very much for responding!!
Unfortunately, I have limited computer savvy, so I am trying, with limited success to follow your advice.

-I don’t know how to evaluate the "WMV file output-

-Regarding troubleshooting the videocard:
1-I did a search on Dell.com under "currency of video card driver" which produced several results that I didn’t understand. I think it listed a number of driver devices.
2-I checked the level of Direct X software: I am running DirectX9.0c on Windows XP Home on an Inspiron 5100
3-I do windows updates regularly, so I think I am current in this area. 4-I am also using Windows Media Player 10, which I believe has been updated recently

Are you able to help me further?
MS
morton_stein
May 30, 2005
Addendum:
The "pixilation problem" definitely is present when I am viewing the preview of any custom slide show creation, prior to playing in a WMV file format.
Please help if possible.
Thanks.
O
o3v3tz
May 30, 2005
Morton,

You seem to be OK on points 2, 3, 4. Point 1 is potentially still a problem. Perhaps you can contact Dell tech support for assistance in obtaining the most recent driver for your video.

"WMV file output" – if you have not changed anything, the default will be 800x 600. That should be ok for now, since you see the problem before you write it out to WMV. For future references – You can change the quality level for WMV and 800 x 600 Proof is a better quality level, but it produces a larger file size.

Barb O

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections