B
Posted By
bob733
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been working on creating a brouchure for a new little business of mine. I have been using (and learning) PE3 and getting tons of help from the members of this forum. With that said (and a Thank for the help so far), here is my next question.

I have been creating various pictures with 300 dpi tiff to import into another program that is creating the brouchure. I wanted to take a picture (and I did) of me and my two boys. It was with a HP 4 megapixel camera so I thought I would get a good high resolution picture.

Shocked I was after uploading the picture to PE3 and doing a Image Resize when I found the HP camera original to be 31 inches wide x 23 inches hight and 72 DPI pixels per inch!

Can I resize this downward to 3 inches wide by some 2 inches high and 300dpi so that it fits into my brouchure and prints well?

I have found out the hard way that pictures loose quality when upsizing them but what about when I upsize the dpi (72 to 300) but downside the size 31 wide to 3 inches wide and 23 inches high down to 2 inches high?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
May 27, 2005
This whole area can be confusing when you first come to it. You are not alone!

I would suggest that you stop worrying at all about resizing you images. Just import them as they are into the other program [what is it?]. It will probably permit you to resize in situ.

Th ereason I say this is that a 4px camera image is going to be in the right ballpark. You can check this by looking at the Image Size dialog and, with resampling unchecked, change to 300PPI. Th esize in inches will then be reasonable.
N
nannygoat
May 28, 2005
bob733,

An excellent site to help you understand this stuff is

<http://www.scantips.com>
B
bob733
May 28, 2005
great site nannygoat thanks… and also thanks to you Colin….you must live up here as you (and otheres) are always so helpful..

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections