MD
Posted By
malcolm_denton
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got PSE2 & PSE3 installed on my Mac G4. In my PSE2 days I was a very new beginner and it wasn’t until today that,for the first time, I played around with the Extract tool in PSE2 – a tool that isn’t in PSE3.

What are the advantages,if any,in using this tool over the selection tools available in PSE3 ?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 27, 2005
malcolm, which tool is it? There is no "extract" tool by that name in any version of PE. Which do you mean? (The extract command is only in full Photoshop.)
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 27, 2005
Is this perhaps a third-party download? If so, it probably can be moved over to your copy of PE 3 and still work.
MD
malcolm_denton
May 27, 2005
Barbara….

The tool appears under the ‘image’ heading on the top PSE2 menu bar. The screen when you open it is headed ‘EXTRACT’ and has three boxes on the right – tool options / extraction / preview.

I don’t remember seeing this anywhere as a free plug in,so is it possible that I was a very naughty boy,and, in my ignorance when I first had PSE2, that I copied this over from the trial version of full photoshop that came with one of the Mac magazines ? Like all kids with new toys I was always experimenting with plug ins etc to see if they would work in PSE2.
Before I mastered PSE2 I bought PSE3,so it wasn’t until today that I actually had a go at using it. A search of the Mac shows a plug in called ‘extract plus’ in the plug-ins / filters section of PSE2.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 27, 2005
It must have been something like that. Here’s the standard menu you should see:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=1IJU3x6h8HEsQmchJCzhCp C27gWsUY0>
MD
malcolm_denton
May 27, 2005
Barbara…..

Thanks.
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 27, 2005
You march right down to Adobe and return that plug-in young man!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 27, 2005
Tom …

I guess there is going to be a big queue at Adobe’s front door 🙂 🙂 🙂

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections