EN
Posted By
Ed_Nicholson
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the Organizer and the Share feature, I have noted that the attached pics carry the caption "Olympus Digital Camera". I should think that if I do not personalize my pictures with my own captions, PSE should not insert their own by telling the recipient that I use an Olympus camera. How do get rid of this annoying feature? Ed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 27, 2005
Ed….

I’ve noticed that this is a feature of some cameras, not all. I suspect the information is being carried over from a field in the EXIF data from your camera.

There is a setting under Preferences >Files ‘Import Exif Caption’. You may want to try turning this off. I can’t guarantee it works though.

Colin
CW
Colin Walls
May 27, 2005
I assume by "share" you mean email.
Specifically I assume you mean photomail.
On the dialog is an option to include captions or not.

This caption is not added by PSE. Your camera is doing it. Some of the standards for metadata seem to be a bit fuzzy, which means the certain camera manufacturers interpret them in "interesting" ways. The result is that Olympus [and Konica] put the manufacture name in the caption field.

The good nees is that you can set/clear captions on pictures in Organizer very easily [just select them all, right click and it shoul dbe obvious].

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections