JS
Posted By
Jim_Solt
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am given to understand that when I shoot RAW images (Canon XT)I have not chosen ANY color space preference.
If that is the case, how would I best handle that issue in Elements 3? My assumption is I would elect to use Adobe RGB utilizing the greater range available and then staying with that standard for printing or changing to sRGB if my usage is for the web. Correct?
If above is true, how should I set my Elements preferences to best do this? If above is not true, set me straight — then tell me how to set my Elements preferences. Thanks,
Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ML
Mark_Levesque
May 27, 2005
Set your preferences to full color management. This will make your working space AdobeRGB, but Elements will respect whatever color space is embedded in your images. So if you have a wide gamut inkjet printer, you can take advantage of the wider gamut of AdobeRGB. If you intend for your image to end up on the web or to be printed by a pro processor, you can simply use the RAW processing software to choose sRGB instead.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections