MC
Posted By
Mester_Catalin
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I need a little help with a picture I am working on …i have several Guys on this picture and some are in the light others are in the shadow. The once that are in the light have parts of the face and shirt lighter then the rest. What I wanna do is make them all look the same.

Any sugestions is wellcome.

Tnx Cata.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005
This depends a lot on what the image actually loos like. For example, if there is a gradual light to dark transition across the scene, you might apply a Brightness and Contrast layer with a graduated mask. If you have PSE 3, you mught find the Shadows and Highlights does it for you.

Can you post the pic somewhere for us to see? Maybe here: <http://www.pixentral.com>
MC
Mester_Catalin
May 25, 2005
<Http://62.231.110.209/El_Grupo.jpg> here it is …tnx for your help.
CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005
I found that Shadows and Highlights did some useful improvements. It would take quite a lot of work to really rescue this image [IMHO].

For future reference:

1) In this kind of situation, even though there is enough light, because it is from the wrong direction, your camera’s flash would be worth using.

2) If you post pictures like this, make a reduced [pixel] size version. Many people wouldn’t bother downloading a 1Mb image.
JC
Jane Carter
May 25, 2005
This might help, use the Dodge tool on the darker parts that you want to lighten. Be sure to use it with "Midtones" at first, and use a very low exposure, so that your changes will be gradual.
Be sure to work on a duplicate of your photo.
And also you can darken the sun struck areas using the Burn tool, again start with midtones and low exposure. Undo if you do too much.
Also you can zoom in on places like eyes and use a soft brush. Takes a bit of practise, but you will grow to like these tools. Jane
MC
Mester_Catalin
May 25, 2005
I didn’t take the picture I just have to modifie it. I am sorry for the size but that’s the size I got it. So is there anything I can do to make the guys in the same light?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 25, 2005
Hi Cata,

Try this:

Duplicate the layer and set the blend mode for the new layer (in the layers palette) to screen. Now reduce the opacity of the new layer to about 70%
Select the eraser and a large soft brush, reduce the brush opacity to about 30% …. now gentle erase the "too light areas" on the far left and the far right" Next duplicate that layer and reduce the opacity of it to about 30%.

Its never going to be perfect but its not too bad 🙂

Wendy
JC
Jane Carter
May 25, 2005
Here is an example of using the dodge tool, her eyes and face were way too dark. < http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=15ucB3DhdnrCfKIwiwUcjs Adxs6F0D> Jane
MC
Mester_Catalin
May 25, 2005
Hello..thank you all for the Ideeas….I am working on the image I hope I can do what I want to do. The thing is I want to darken the white places on the left face and shirt and look like all the other guys …I can’t lighten the guys to look like the first one because then they won’t be mexican anymore. Tnx again for your help.

Cata.
JD
jim_deluco
May 25, 2005
Create a duplicate layer; enhance the background layer using levels to get the people who are in shadow to look similar to the others. Erase thru the top layer at about 25% till you get them to look similar enough.
MC
Mester_Catalin
May 25, 2005
Tnx anyway ….I fixed the picture eventualy with a lot of effects ..I copyed part of the shirt from the others …on the hat I used clone tool…and so on.

Tnx for your help guys.
BG
Byron Gale
May 25, 2005
wrote
….I fixed the picture eventualy with a lot of effects

It’s good that you managed to succeed!! Would you mind posting a link to a copy of your completed work? I thought the proposed fix would be challenging for me, and would be interested to see how you ended up.

Thanks!

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
May 25, 2005
Thank you!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections