LA
Posted By
Lynell_Ackerman
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded some Office updates, and now when I scan something to be saved as Tiff format, it comes up as a Microsoft Document Imaging file. At first it would open up the file in Microsoft, but I figured out how to change it to Elements. However, now all the Tiffs in MY Pictures , show up as a Microsoft file. What happened? How can I disable this so this does not happen to my files?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 25, 2005
Lynell,

My XP PC has always shown Type as Microsoft Document Imaging file for tifs. It has no effect on the file type. If you want to change it back to TIF File go to My Pictures (or any folder), click Tools, Folder Options. Select the File Types tab and wait for the Registered file types to be populated. Scroll down to the tif extension and select (left click) it. Click Change. (Even though you have successfully changed Open with to Elements it still says Microsoft Document Imaging file there.) Click Adobe Photoshop Elements and OK. The Registered file types should now say TIF File. While you are there you might as well change TIFF also (whatever that is).

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections