JM
Posted By
john_m_gunther
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to create a custom DVD menu in Elements to use with Premiere? If so how?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 25, 2005
Have you tried to post this question on the dedicated Premier Elements forum ? I don’t remember if there are Premier Elements users around here, so might be a good thing to post on the other forum as well:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bb574e6

Ray
LM
Lou_M
May 25, 2005
Yeah, I don’t use Premiere, but if it’s like most other DVD authoring programs, you just need a 640×480 image (DPI doesn’t matter–it’s just the pixel dimensions that matter). In most programs it’s just drag-and-drop to replace a default background with your new background. Should be a piece of cake.
JR
John_Rich
May 25, 2005
I’ve done several Menu’s for Encore with this program (too cheap to upgrade to Photoshop CS) and it works fine, expecially with the tips from this forum which really unlock the program for me.

The one problem is that you need to create "layer sets" to make the buttons and Photoshop Elements won’t do that. However, you can get around that by making all your layers and then importing as menu into Encore. Encore will then create a button from one of the layers and simultaneously the layer set. You can then copy your appropriate layer into this layer set.
Check out the Doogs tutorial site especially the last tutorials, which really are helpful, and even though he uses PhotoshopCS, most of the commands can by used by Elements.http://doogs.sitesled.com/downloads.htm
John Rich
O
o3v3tz
May 25, 2005
I have been reading the Premiere Elements forum and I do think there are posts in it on this subject. I think that people have modified the Menus provided by Premiere Elements in Photoshop Elements. However, I do not recollect any posts of people making Premiere Elements DVD Menus from scratch in Photoshop Elements and I think it is because of the "layer sets".

So if you only have Premiere Elements and do not have Encore, I encourage you to read on this subject in the Premiere Elements forum.

Barb O

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections