MF
Posted By
marcia_falconer
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to burn a simple CD (not a video show) using PSE 3. However, after I select the photos and burn the CD, I find that all the photos on the CD have been removed from chronological order (which is the order I want to be in) and are now alphabetically arranged making them totally random according to a chronological order. How do I prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005
Files on a CD do not have an "order". If you look at the contents of a CD [or any other file system], the sequence you see depends upon how you look. Assuming you’re on Windows, Windows Explorer defaults to viewing ordered on filename, but you can change that to be one of about 30 criteria.

Why do you care? What are you trying to do?

We can probably help you to achieve it, given this input.
JD
jim_deluco
May 26, 2005
Try sorting them by date/time if that’s what you’re interested in doing. Then rename them numerically 1 thru whatever. Now copy the entire directory into a brand new directory. Now save them to the cd and see if they come out in the correct order. I have had this problem in the past also. Can’t figure out what logical order things are being saved in.
CW
Colin Walls
May 26, 2005
Can’t figure out what logical order things are being saved in

That is because there isn’t any order.

You can sort the view in Windows Explorer by file date/time and, if you know how, it’ll even find EXIF data to use the taken date time. You can use Organizer to rename the files to be in the right sequence or output [export] copies with such names.

The question is: why does it matter?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections