SP
Posted By
Steve_Phy
Aug 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just purchased CS2 and completed the download without any problems. However right at the end it popped up a message saying < AN ERROR HAS BEEN DETECTED AND ACTIVATION CANNOT CONTINUE. PLEASE RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND RE-INSTALL>

I have re-installed twice now but she still won’t go through activation.

Any idea’s ?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RP
Rick_Popham
Aug 26, 2007
Photoshop CS2 is not really for sale anymore. Where did you buy it?
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 26, 2007
especially as a download!
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 26, 2007
If you bought it from one of those OEM sites, you’ve been ripped off. And you’ve given your credit card number to thieves.

If that is the case, I would call the credit card company IMMEDIATELY and report the fraud.

If that’s not the case, and I can’t imagine it’s not since CS2 downloads were only available from Adobe and they don’t sell CS2 anymore, then give us all of you system details.

Please do not post the site you bought this from. If you’d like me to check it out, click on my name, go to my website where you’ll find my contact information. From there you can email me the information.

Bob
SP
Steve_Phy
Aug 26, 2007
I bought it off Ebay here in the UK. The box was totally sealed in the shrink wrap and the CD has the serial number on the reverse of the jewel case! The seller is what they call a power seller, meaning he has a sizable business and more importantly has 100% feedback.

When I install it gives you the option of the 30 trial or the full version that req the serial no ! It go’s right to the end, to the point where it displays the read me file. When I launch I get the Error message!
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 26, 2007
Steve, the reason we all thought something fishy was going on was that you said you downloaded it. It could be that the activation servers are a bit wonky again, but to be honest, I would never consider buying software on eBay.

You just don’t know what you’re getting and shrink wrapping is really easy to do.

Best thing to do is to call Adobe for assistance. They’ll be in a much better position to tell you if the software was legitimate.

Good luck,

Bob
SP
Steve_Phy
Aug 26, 2007
Bob,

Thanks, I had decided to give Adobe a call straight after the holiday. I know Ebay can be a little tricky but I paid through Pay Pal via my credit card so I guess I’m safe till then. In the mean time I’m using my old CS program so I can still do most things except convert Raw files.

Again thank you.

Steve
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Aug 26, 2007
There was a posting yesterday indicating that the activation servers are down, possibly for the entire weekend, and that you should not attempt to activate until Monday.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections