DW
Posted By
Dawn_Waller
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, can anybody help me please. I have just purchased Elements III and when trying to install it I get a message ‘Windows Media Format 9 Series Runtime not responding’. I have tryed a few times – obviously something missing somewhere! I am pretty much a novice so not real technical jargon please!!

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
narya
May 24, 2005
Dawn, visit <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> and install all the latest updates and patches, esp. for Windows Media Player. That should help.

Alexander.

Canon Ixus 430 (aka S410) | x86 with XP Pro | PSE v3.0.1 with 3k images | 12" Powerbook soon 🙂
DW
Dawn_Waller
May 25, 2005
Thanks for your response, I have installed the latest updates and tried to install again with no joy. Do you have any other suggestions. I also have realplayer installed – would this be anything to do with it???

Thanks
N
narya
May 25, 2005
Real Player should not be interfering with PSE … I’ll start troubleshooting by un-/reinstalling Windows Media Player. Also check you Direct X installation (dxdiag.exe)

Alexander.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 25, 2005
Dawn,

Several people have reported on this forum that they have had success with a troublesome installation on Windows XP (you did not tell us about your operating system) with the DeLorme technique. You may want to look it over. Please report back to us.

<http://www.delorme.com/support/installxp.asp>

Ken
DW
Dawn_Waller
May 25, 2005
I am using Windows XP Professional.
DW
Dawn_Waller
May 25, 2005
Thanks very much for your help – the DeLorme technique worked. Brilliant, I am ready to go now!!
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 26, 2005
Glad that it worked out for you.
Ken

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections